Thank you for visiting the Virginia Gay Hospital career center! We invite you to browse our open positions and begin the application process. Virginia Gay Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.
Current Available Employment Opportunities:
GROW WITH US! For more detailed information on these nursing opportunities at our facilities, please visit: nursingatvirginiagayhospital.com
To begin the application process for nursing positions, submit your information here.
Vinton Family Medical Clinic
- CMA/LPN/RN: Full-time Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday AM (only 3-4 per year). No Holidays. Previous clinical experience preferred but not required. This is an opportunity to develop relationships with both patients and staff in a well-established family health clinic.
Virginia Gay Home Health
- Home Care Aide: PRN. Must be CNA certified.
Virginia Gay Hospital
- RN: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Part-time with limited weekends.
- RN: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Full-time with limited weekends.
- LPN: Med Surg Part-time with limited weekends.
- LPN: Med Surg Full-time with limited weekends.
- Patient Services Technician: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Part-time, evening and night hours. Must be CNA certified.
- Surgical Tech/ORT: Part-time, no weekends. Surgical Tech certification required. Must maintain current BCLS certification. Previous OR/CS experience preferred, but not required.
- Surgery CNA (OR/CS Aide): Part-time, day hours, no weekends.
Virginia Gay Nursing & Rehab
- CNA: Positions available include Full-time, 2nd shift; Weekend Option, 1st Shift and Part-time 1st shift (6 am-1pm), every other weekend and as needed during the week (approx 65 hours a pay period).
- OMT*/LPN/RN: Full-time, 1st & 2nd shift rotation. (*Oral Medication Tech)
You may also send your resume to Kim Frank, Director of Human Resources, Virginia Gay Hospital, 502 N. 9th Avenue, Vinton, IA 52349 or email: email@example.com
Urbana Family Medical Clinic
- Receptionist: Duties for this part-time position include providing professional & courteous service to the patients we serve & work together as a team player to insure an efficient and well-run clinic. Receive telephone calls, triage patient calls and make patient appointments. Collect co-payments. File medical records in an accurate manner. Transfer medical records following proper procedures. This is an opportunity to become an important member of our community’s commitment to high quality care provided close to home. Schedule is afternoons with approximately 15 hours per week.
Virginia Gay Hospital
- ER/Hospitalist: Physician Assistant (PA-C): Part-time or full-time opportunity for a PA-C to provide full-spectrum care to patients in our emergency room department. Additional responsibilities include the medical care of our hospitalized patients, admission H&P, daily evaluation, diagnostic and treatment decisions, discharge planning and documentation, and working with an interdisciplinary team of health care professionals.
- Health Information Management Coder: Full-time. HIM coder with credentials through AHIMA or AAPC. The HIM Coder supports well integrated and organized delivery of services and maintains the confidentially of medical records. General duties include coding hospital accounts to include inpatient, skilled, observation, ER, surgical, and outpatient visits. This person must be able to work under pressure and prioritize responsibilities. They must also be able to interact professionally with patients, vendors, and hospital staff. There is potential to work from home in this position.
- Radiologic Technologist: Must be ARRT registered and have a current Iowa Department of Public Health Permit to Practice Radiology license. CT experience preferred but not required is a plus. This is a PRN position.
- Maintenance: Full-time with on-call responsibilities. Position includes light construction and routine maintenance tasks. Will train the right candidate.
- Dietary Aide: Part-time, second shift, weekends. This is an opportunity to make a difference in our overall patient experience as you assist a trained dietitian prepare meals and deliver patient trays as well as other food service related responsibilities.
• REHABILITATION POSITIONS: Rehabilitation positions are offered by RehabVisions. To view the open positions at RehabVisions, please visit their website at: RehabVisions.com E.O.E.