Thank you for visiting the Virginia Gay Hospital career center! We invite you to browse our open positions and begin the application process. Virginia Gay Hospital is an equal employment opportunity employer. No person is unlawfully excluded from consideration for employment because of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, age, veteran status, marital status or physical challenges.
Current Available Employment Opportunities:
GROW WITH US! For more detailed information on these nursing opportunities at our facilities, please visit: nursingatvirginiagayhospital.com
To begin the application process for nursing positions, submit your information here.
Urbana Family Medical Clinic
- CMA/LPN/RN: Full-time Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday AM (only 3-4 per year) and every Thursday afternoon off. No Holidays! Previous clinical experience preferred but not required. This is an opportunity to develop relationships with both patients and staff in a well-established family health clinic.
Vinton Family Medical Clinic
- CMA/LPN/RN: Full-time Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday AM (only 3-4 per year). No Holidays. Previous clinical experience preferred but not required. This is an opportunity to develop relationships with both patients and staff in a well-established family health clinic.
- PSYCHIATRIC CMA/LPN/RN: Full-time Monday-Friday with occasional Saturday AM (only 3-4 per year.) No Holidays. This new clinic position will work with our psychiatric ARNP to maintain a safe, warm and healing environment for patients throughout their experience with the clinic.
Virginia Gay Home Health
- Home Health Aide (HCA): PRN. Must be a Certified Nurse Aide, have reliable transportation and able to work within flexible scheduling.
- RN: Full-time, Monday thru Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. No holidays or weekends. Limited on-call responsibilities.
Virginia Gay Hospital
- RN: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Part-time with limited weekends
- RN: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Full-time with limited weekends
- LPN: Med Surg Part-time
- LPN: Med Surg Full-Time (12-hour shifts)
- CNA: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Full-time.
- CNA: Med Surg and Emergency Dept. Part-time (40 hours every two weeks).
Virginia Gay Nursing & Rehab
- CNA: PRN
- Long Term Care RN or LPN: Part-time, 2nd Shift with every other weekend, holiday rotation and PRN weekdays
- Long Term Care RN: Full-time (2nd shift including every other weekend, holiday rotation) or Weekend Package (12-hour shifts overnight every other weekend, holiday rotation).
- Long Term Care LPN: Full-time (2nd shift including every other weekend, holiday rotation) or Weekend Package (12-hour shifts overnight every other weekend, holiday rotation)
Virginia Gay Hospital
- Van Driver (PRN): This position is on-call as needed. The successful candidate will have a valid Iowa drivers license, excellent driving record, patience and good communication skills.
- Critical Care Paramedic (CCP): Full-time Weekend Option. The right candidate will have at least one year of experience in addition to valid certification. Required Qualifications: • Valid Paramedic certification may be nationally registered. • Completion of an accredited critical care paramedic endorsement within 6 months of employment. • Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers • Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) • Pediatric Advanced Cardiac Life Support (PALS). Preferred Qualifications: • Critical Care endorsement. Required Knowledge, Skills & Experience: • Skill in effective oral and written communication in English. • Ability to manage one’s time effectively. • Ability to demonstrate theory, techniques and practices utilized in emergency patient care for all ages; knowledge of oral, intramuscular and intravenous medication delivery, actions and contraindications; knowledge of dressing and splinting techniques. • Ability to perform advanced emergency treatments; ability to document; skill in assessing and interpreting patient conditions; skill in oral and written communication; skill in operation and maintenance of ambulance and equipment. • Ability to assume triage and treatment of multiple patients. • Ability to assist with patient care using specialized equipment and/or techniques in the hospital. Preferred Knowledge, Skills & Experience: • One-year paramedic experience.
- Certified or Registered Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT): Full-time. Shift: Weekend Nights (Friday-Sunday, 7 pm-7:30 am). Responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders and department policies and procedures. Must be NBRC Registered or NBRC Certified and licensed by the Iowa Department of Health. Previous experience preferred, but not required; will train new graduates.
• REHABILITATION POSITIONS: Rehabilitation positions are offered by RehabVisions. To view the open positions at RehabVisions, please visit their website at: RehabVisions.com E.O.E.